Editorial Design & Layout, like website design is a multi-faceted project that requires time, a myriad of elements, and an expert to ensure that the end product is perfect in style, typography, to spec, and above all properly represents who you are as a company.
The greatest inquiry we get from prospects and customers is with respect to what the cost will be for the design and layout of a magazine, periodical, print newsletter, or other print publication.
We can take you from concept to in-hand with ease. Because each publication has it’s own personality, requirements, and vision it’s imperative to first speak with our clients to get a thorough overview of what they are looking for so that no time is wasted as the production schedule is paramount to make press in time. Fortunately here at Tell-Tale Arts we have a simple pricing plan to allow you to have some peace of mind prior to getting underway on your next print publication.
The key to us being able to do excellent editorial design and layout (or any type of work for that matter) is to have a creative brief with you about your company. We collaborate with you to capture all the necessary information to create a dynamite editorial design for you. Some of the items we will be asking you are the following:
- Background: Who are you? What is your business? What products or services do you offer? What is your desired outcome from this particular design? How does it fit into your “big picture?”
- Goals: What are your overall business goals? What are the specific goals related to this project?
- Scope: What are the parameters pertaining to this particular project? How do you plan to use the final result?
- Competition: What are your competitors doing? What are your specific industry trends?
- Audience: What is your target audience or demographic for this project?
- Brand: What are the guidelines your brand would like to follow for continuity?
- Copy/Images: What is the text and images that you would like in your design and what sources will they be coming from?
- Timeline: This allows us to get a clear picture of a schedule and any milestones you may have.
- Budget: We pride ourselves in helping small to medium-sized businesses so we know this is important to you.
Note: All photos and advertisements must arrive camera-ready/print-ready and to-spec or they will be returned to the sending party for revision. Any ad-design will fall as a separate charge as it will be billed as a graphic design job with Tell-Tale Arts where separate graphic design rates apply.