The word “website” has a variety of definitions to all of us. Some see it as a splash screen with cool graphics but minimal function. Others see it as a space to fill with text like news, product info, or thoughts and ideas. Some see it as a blend of those two prior concepts. And others still see the website itself as an organic space to be used as a tool or a vehicle for eduction, interaction, or development.
How you see your website today is tantamount to how you get dressed for work in the morning. You dress in a way to present yourself to your business atmosphere in a way that will allow you and your business to be successful. You wouldn’t wear a suit to work if you were a DJ, and you wouldn’t wear a wetsuit to a board meeting. The same principles apply when it comes to your company’s website.
Often times these days your website is the first thing people see ass far as your product or brand. Having a website that does not present itself the way you would present your brand will easily kill off that potential customer or even drive away a repeat customer. Additionally, having a website that is not easy for that customer to use on their computer, tablet, or mobile phone can have the same negative affects. Conversely, having a website that is appealing to your target demographic, functions the way that demographic wants, and presents your product or service in a way that is most appealing to that demographic is a valuable tool that can enable your business to grow exponentially!
Tell-Tale Arts takes the approach that there is no reason why you shouldn’t have a website that works for your business. There are several DIY website building options out there like Wix and Squarespace that enable you to design a site yourself. Some even offer e-commerce options. We would be hypocritical to say that these are useless. Sometimes they are extremely useful. But the question you need to ask yourself when approaching a new website is this: Do you have the spare time and know-how to design, implement, and test a new website? What we see happen all too often is people who own small to mid-sized businesses have to take a serious amount of time out of their time making the business run in order to attempt such a task and as a result the business gets hurt, or worse, the website is not built in a manor that is complete, useable, and beneficial to the business when it is all said and done.
If you use Tell-Tale arts to design your website we will take the time to learn what will make your website successful in helping your business grow and your profits increase. We will design you a site that enables your demographic to feel engaged and interested and coming back for more. What we don’t do is bog you down with the hard work of the setup and implementation of your site. That time is much better spent doing that you do best…running your successful company!
The key to us being able to do excellent website (or any type of work for that matter) is to have a creative brief with you about your company. We collaborate with you to capture all the necessary information to create a dynamite design for you. Some of the items we will be asking you are the following:
- Background: Who are you? What is your business? What products or services do you offer? What is your desired outcome from this particular design? How does it fit into your “big picture?”
- Goals: What are your overall business goals? What are the specific goals related to this project?
- Scope: What are the parameters pertaining to this particular project? How do you plan to use the final result?
- Competition: What are your competitors doing? What are your specific industry trends?
- Audience: What is your target audience or demographic for this project?
- Brand: What are the guidelines your brand would like to follow for continuity?
- Copy/Images: What is the text and images that you would like in your design and what sources will they be coming from?
- Timeline: This allows us to get a clear picture of a schedule and any milestones you may have.
- Budget: We pride ourselves in helping small to medium-sized businesses so we know this is important to you.
As with a variety of our other areas of expertise we offer you a no-fuss breakdown of the packages we offer and allow you to select which one fits you.
Each level is based on the size and depth of each website.